Thank you for considering leasing a property from EJF Real Estate Services. To help facilitate the application process and to insure that all prospective applicants are treated equally, EJF has developed this Rental Application. Please read the instructions and policies carefully. If you feel you meet the guidelines for qualifying, we encourage you to submit an application.
FAIR HOUSING POLICY
EJF Real Estate Services firmly believes that choosing a home directly impacts the hopes, dreams, aspirations, and economic destiny of those involved. It is for this reason that EJF is committed to the letter and spirit of the Federal Fair Housing Act, The DC Human Rights Act and all other federal and state laws enacted to guarantee a housing market free from discrimination.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first serve basis.
- Each resident, 18 years of age or older, must complete a separate rental application.
- A $65.00 non-refundable processing fee (per applicant) is required at time of application.
- A security deposit equal to one month's rent must be paid within 48 hours following any conditional approval.
- The full amount of the first month’s rent will be paid at time of possession. The second month’s rent (if applicable) will be pro-rated accordingly.
- Your gross annual income (income before taxes) should be at least 42 times the monthly rent. For example: if the rent is $1,000 you must earn at least $42,000/year to qualify. If you do not have the required income, you will either need a co-signer or be able to show substantial liquid assets.
- If a co-signer is necessary, the co-signer must also complete an application, provide verification of income and provide an additional $65 application fee. The co-signers’ gross annual income must be at least 84 times the monthly rent and they must also have a satisfactory credit history.
- The total amount of your monthly debt (credit card payments, car loans, etc.) plus the monthly rent should not exceed 36% of your gross annual income.
- All applicants must have a satisfactory credit history.
- EJF will obtain a credit report on all adult applicants.
- Reports supplied by applicants will not be accepted.
- You must have a satisfactory rental history.
- EJF will conduct a nationwide check of Landlord/Tenant Court records to see if your current or previous landlord has ever filed claims against you.
- You must provide contact information from any housing provider you have had in the past three years. EJF will contact them for a reference.
- Criminal background history will only be obtained and considered AFTER making a conditional offer to rent.
- Applicants may be rejected based on pending criminal accusation or criminal conviction history of individuals over 18 years of age, who will reside in the rental unit, that occurred within the past 7 years or less, and only for offenses listed in the Fair Criminal Record Screening for Housing Act of 2016.
- If EJF is unable to approve an application based on information obtained in a criminal background check, the applicant may provide evidence demonstrating inaccuracies within the applicant’s criminal record or evidence of rehabilitation or other mitigating factors. This means you have the right to provide, among other things, evidence of errors in your criminal background report, evidence of your good conduct since the conviction or pending accusation occurred, or other information you would like a housing provider to use when evaluating your criminal background.